Thursday, August 18, 2011

half finished emails bring to mind


thank you, for knowing me.
that is a gift, and it makes me feel less alone, friend.

i like that you laugh at my jokes,
or think im funny.

i like that you know me,
peculiar parts of me,
and delight in them.

i like that what we say is funny
just because it's you, it's me saying them.
and you and me, one becomes significant
because the other exists.

i like the feeling that my heart
might just rest its weary self in front of you, in order
to be refreshed.

i like the thought of long conversations with night
falling outside on the pretty blankets inside.
darkness wrapping around us like comforting arms
as though beckoning us in,
to the land where secrets are possible, permissible
and the words usually shut inside of us are
free to roam, linger, in this strange dark wonderful land.
(they want to hold hands)

i like such nighttimes. it is a time for cookies, a pause in time to enjoy the goodness of
being alive, being able to talk and
speak. - stolen time,
my favorite.

i like that i can come to you
and its a small reflection of myself in the world
a small pool of me that i can trust and hold on to,
enough to discover the rest that makes you different.
i like that i can understand more,
without being destroyed.
without being undone.
i am still whole
because of you.

sometimes i go into the world
and go
into blank walls
they are called strangers.
but they are more like walls.
they bump me around unceremoniously
and unkindly,
without feeling
and i miss you then friend.
i look for you.

i really miss you-

No comments: