Monday, September 26, 2011

sentimental


what is the moment of knowing? of courage?

"Yes," he added earnestly, "I read that, and I think to myself, she has a sorrow, she is lonely, she would find comfort in true love. I haf a heart full, full for her. Shall I not go and say, "If this is not too poor a thing to gif for what shall I hope to receive, take it in Gott's name?'"

"And so you came to find that it was not too poor, but the one precious thing I needed," whispered Jo.

"I had no courage to think that at first, heavenly kind as was your welcome to me. But soon I began to hope, and then I said, 'I will haf her if I die for it,' and so I will!" cried Mr. Bhaer.

- Little Women

"No, my dear Beast, you shall not die," said Beauty. "...Alas! I thought that I only felt friendship for you, but the torment I am feeling makes me realize that I cannot live without you."

- Beauty and the Beast

No comments: